Privacy & Security
Superette Limited is committed to your security and the protection of your privacy. For that reason, we have provided a notice below for the use of data on this site and outline our measures for security. The Privacy Notice section of this notice describes how we collect, use, disclose, retain and protect your personal data. We want you to be fully aware of what information we are collecting, how we are using it, and your rights to personal information.
Credit card security
Superette works diligently to protect the security of all of your personal information, including your credit card information. We have partnered with Direct Payment Solutions (DPS) to provide the most secure payment system available. DPS is one of New Zealand's leading online payment solutions using their new generation Payment Express system.
At Superette, your personal online security is important to us. Our website uses the industry standard security protocol Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to store and safely transmit your personal and credit card information through our systems. All orders are processed through a secure checkout system interfaced with DPS that encodes sensitive information like your credit card number when it passes through the internet.
Collecting and using your personal information
We collect and use your data only for the following purposes:
to fulfil a contractual obligation when we:
- process your transactional information for purchases and payments;
- process your contact details for customer support and fulfilment; this would include the processing and management of orders, delivery of products, processing of payments and communication about orders.
- provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information, such as participation in competitions;
to pursue our legitimate interest and facilitate the conduct of our business when we:
- process personal data relating to your interactions (transactions, website visits, app usage) with Superette to enable us to personalise your experience on our sites and provide you with personalised advertising and marketing;
- If you are a customer of Superette we can contact you, either via email, telephone, social media, text messages or postal mail to provide you with more information on our Loyalty Programme;
- offer our most loyal customers tailored one-to-one advice and support, including notification of exclusive benefits;
- offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like and to keep track of your basket;
- use and retain your personal information to personalise communications and to contact you, either via email, telephone, social media, text messages or postal mail in order to inform you of account activity, delivery fulfilment and marketing related activity;
- customise, measure and improve our services;
- use your browsing activity with Superette to detect, diagnose and resolve errors that occur on our website;
- hold views between web and mobile sites, deep linking and device linking.
to comply with legal obligations:
- we use and retain your personal information to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. This can include automated statistical analysis which permits the identification of buying patterns;
- we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes;
We may use your personal information for the subscription to our mailing list. You can withdraw this consent and unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time by following the link at the bottom of each email we sent to you, or emailing our customer care team at email@example.com.
This data is collected in the following ways
Information directly provided when you:
- navigate to a Superette web or mobile view;
- do a transaction on Superette web or mobile app;
- register to create a new account or log in to your account;
- participate in promotional activities;
- purchase through the site or mobile app;
- physically enter one of our stores or attend an event;
- interact with our customer services team;
- visit Superette web or mobile app;
- subscribe to our mailing list.
Information we collect from third parties:
- when you share information with social media sites/social networks, or use social media sites to create or connect your Superette account. These social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (i.e. content viewed or liked by you), which we will use to further personalise your experience with Superette;
- we get your personal information from trusted delivery companies which use them to take and handle your orders, deliver products and services;
- content we generate via machine learning algorithms to personalise your experience and support general service optimisation including bid/markdown automation;
This data may include
- Personal identifiers such as your name, title, date of birth, and contact details including postal address, post-code, email and telephone number;
- Payment related information such as card details and billing addresses;
- Usage data including intended purchases, your marketing preferences, completion of surveys, wish lists, and participation in promotional activity;
- Device identifiers and connection information such as IP addresses, cookie IDs, IDFAs, geo location information, IoT technologies, statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your browsing history with Superette, hashed email addresses, and your web log information.
Your data protection rights
Under Data Protection laws you are entitled to exercise the following rights:
- Access: you have the right to request access to and/or a copy of your personal information;
- Rectification: you have the right to ask us to modify your personal information if you think is inaccurate or incomplete. Please do no hesitate to contact us, so that we can keep your personal information up-to-date;
- Erasure: you have the right to request the deletion of the personal information we hold about you;
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your personal information.
- Consent: you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an erasure process. To eliminate the use of your email address for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe at any time in the footer of any email you’ve received from us, or getting in touch with our customer care team.
You may exercise your rights at any time by contacting our customer service at email@example.com.
We share your data with:
- legal entities within the Superette group of undertakings to provide you with the services described in this Privacy Notice;
- selected third-party marketing and advertising providers to personalise your experience with Superette;
- authorised third parties who provide us with services to facilitate purchases and payments
- we employ fulfilment providers to help us performing some e-commerce functions including order management, packaging and delivery;
- where legally compelling grounds exist, we may also disclose your personal information to governmental and law enforcement agencies, and otherwise in the defence of legal claims.
We take all appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is protected, in compliance with our legal obligations. We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on Superette, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
If you wish further information, for making requests and complaints please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or livechat us during normal business hours.
Name: Superette Limited
Address: Superette, 486 Lake Road, Takapuna, Auckland, 0622, New Zealand